About Attorney Christopher “Kim” Thompson
A Nashville personal injury attorney who fights for the injured
When people have been injured in an accident, their lives can be turned upside-down. They are hurt, confused and frustrated. There’s a lot going on, and many people aren’t sure what to do. Attorney Christopher “Kim” Thompson of Thompson Law helps the injured hold negligent parties accountable and recover the financial compensation they deserve.
After graduating from Georgia State University, Kim Thompson worked for insurance companies as a claims adjuster for 15 years. He learned a lot about how insurance companies operate. He also realized that the main goal of insurance companies is to protect their profits. They accomplished that by paying the injured as little as possible.
Kim chose to become a lawyer because it would allow him to fight for people’s rights. He went to law school, earning his degree from Nashville School of Law. Now he runs his own law firm. He puts his knowledge about the law and about insurance companies to work for people who have been hurt in the Nashville area.
Clients in Nashville trust attorney Thompson
Here are some of the things you can expect if you choose attorney Thompson to represent you:
- A clear explanation of your legal issue
- Copies of legal documents related to your case
- Answers to all of your questions
- Notifications of upcoming court proceedings, if you would like to attend
- An honest evaluation of your case and what to expect
- Experience with a wide range of personal injury cases
- A lengthy record of negotiation and litigation
- Familiarity with rules of evidence and civil procedure
- Personal attention every step of the way
- Responsiveness – he’ll return your phone calls promptly
The outcome of every case depends on the facts. That’s why attorney Thompson investigates your accident to find out what really happened. He carefully reviews all documentation, such as accident reports and medical records. He identifies witnesses and interviews them. If needed, he consults accident reconstruction experts.
Attorney Thompson knows all the tactics that insurance companies use to try to pay you less. He doesn’t tolerate them. He builds a strong case that proves you were hurt by someone’s negligence and deserve compensation. This forces insurance companies to take your claim seriously. They usually agree to negotiate a settlement.
Focused on getting the best results
It would be easy just to take the first offer from the insurance company and move on. Attorney Thompson isn’t interested in making quick deals that helps the insurance company save money. He is only interested in a resolution of your case that meets your needs. This includes compensation for your medical expenses, lost wages, and other damages.
If you’ve been injured in an accident, time is not on your side. In general, you have only one year from the date of the accident to take legal action. It can take months to build a case, so it is important to consult an attorney as soon as possible.
Attorney Thompson will help you navigate the legal process every step of the way. From the beginning, he’ll give you an honest assessment of your case and explain what to expect. He’ll keep you informed on the progress of your case. He is always willing to answer your questions along the way.
Learn more about how a personal injury attorney can help. Contact attorney Thompson today to schedule a free consultation. There’s no cost and no obligation. He just wants you to have the information you need to decide what to do next.
- Juris Doctor, Nashville School of Law, 1991
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Georgia State University, 1978
- Tennessee, 1993
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee, 1993
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2000
- Supreme Court of United States of America
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- American Association of Justice
- National Association of Consumer Advocates
- National Crime Victim Bar Association
- National Trial Lawyers – Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Honors and Achievements
- National Trial Lawyers “Top 100 Trial Lawyers,” 2014